At CALM we recognise that the experience of learning is truly different for everyone and that we all have our own pace boundaries and time commitments.
With you in mind, we have created our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Course to be as accessible as possible.
200 hours of learning across 10 weekends, this course is accredited by Yoga Alliance US and all our amazing teachers are Yoga Alliance registered.
Upon completion, you will be invited to a wonderful graduation ceremony, and you will also be qualified to teach Yoga anywhere in the world!
FREE Membership across both Burton & Derby from the moment you signup (excludes CPD courses).
- Unlimited access to classes across both Burton & Derby from the moment you signup for the course (pay in full and payment plan)
- Yoga & Anatomy Course Manuals | Paper Copies
- Access to our online learning platform Moodle
- Paper & Digital Certificate of Completion of your 200hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Practice quizzes
- Ongoing administrative support
- A safe and inclusive Teacher Training Community
No formal study preparation is needed for you to start the course, we shall invite you to join our online discussion forums so you can get to know your teachers and other class members and start developing your personal lesson plan.
Some of the key activities during the course are:
- Sharing Lesson observations of other teachers, helping you to absorb and assimilate themes
- Revise and reflect on your knowledge of anatomy (following the Anatomy lectures) in preparation assessment of your understanding.
- Revise and reflect on course philosophy in preparation for your philosophy of yoga essay.
- Understand the history, goals, and principles of Yoga
- Comprehensively understand anatomy and biomechanics, including the skeletal and muscular systems, and how these relate to teaching Yoga
- Perform subjective, postural, and movement assessments of students
- Create Yoga lesson plans for groups and private clients
- Effectively cue, modify, and progress Yoga postures effectively
- Confidently teach a group Yoga class in-person
- Modify Yoga postures for common injuries, and approach real life case studies with confidence
Total course investment: £2,995 (without the discount)
The course fee includes all tuition, examinations, and a manual/workbook.
Option 1: Pay in full for an additional 10% off.
Option 2: Set up an interest free payment plan.
- 10 weekends across the 10-month course – each day starts at 9:00 am and usually finished at 17:00 pm.
Absolutely outstanding teacher training from a group of highly committed professionals. I felt listened to, cared about and taught to an extremely high standard throughout my 200hrYTT at CALM. I would advise anyone considering teacher training to go to CALM. I feel extremely well equipped now to start my Yoga Teaching journey.
Calm is a wonderful place to train to be a yoga teacher. The training is of a very high standard and covers a wide range of areas and subjects. You are made to feel like part of the Calm family and Vanessa and Blair are kind and helpful teachers.
I really enjoyed the experience of completing my teacher training with Calm. I finished the course feeling like I had learned a lot, and much more confident than when I started. Vanessa and Blair are very knowledgeable and supportive. I would definitely recommend teacher training with them.